Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Bangkok
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||€54|
|Average price (weekend night):||€168|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Bangkok cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Bangkok hotel
- If it’s your first time in Thailand, consider staying in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok, where there is a wide selection of hotels, restaurants, nightlife and entertainment options, as well as the BTS Skyline that will whisk you to wherever you need to go in no time. The Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit and Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit are both popular hotels in this area.
- The Chao Phraya River sweeps through Bangkok and is an iconic emblem of the city. There are many riverside hotels that hug the shoreline and put you in easy reach of some key sights, such as the Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), Grand Palace and Wat Arun. You’ll find many cheap hotels in this area, including The Orchid House 153, Nouvo City Hotel and Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn.
- If you feel like haggling for some bargains, find a hotel in the colourful Pratunam Market area, Thailand’s largest clothing market, a chaotic labyrinth jam-packed with shops and stalls selling clothes, shoes and fashion accessories. The area boasts some first-rate luxury hotels, such as the Amari Watergate Bangkok and Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.
- Anyone with a sense of adventure will want to make sure they explore Chinatown, where you can eat your fill of delicious Chinese food and browse through traditional goods for sale. For many, staying in this area offers an unforgettable slice of Bangkok life – especially when the sun goes down. Hotels such as Shanghai Mansion Bangkok and Chinatown Hotel put you right in the thick of it.
- If you need to stay close to one of the airports because you have an early or late departure, you may want to consider a hotel such as the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel near Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok’s international airport, or the Amari Don Muang Airport, which is close to Don Muang Airport.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Bangkok
Where to stay in Bangkok?
Hotels near Thanon Khao San have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Thanon Khao San?
Travellers who like staying near Thanon Khao San recommend Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza, Chillax Resort, and ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai.
How much does a hotel cost in Bangkok?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Bangkok for as cheap as €6 in the last 3 days. The average price is €49.
Where can I find cheap hotels in Bangkok?
If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Bangkok, you are in luck – there is a vast selection of low-cost options available. From hostels and backpacker hangouts such as the Everyday Bangkok Hostel, in Si Phraya, and Boxpackers Hostel, in Ratchathewi, to good-value hotels and guesthouses such as the Padi Madi Guest House, in Watthana, you won’t need to spend an arm and a leg wherever you stay.
What neighbourhood in Bangkok is good for nightlife?
A night out in Bangkok will stay in your memory forever. For cheap food and backpacker parties, head to Khao San Road, where you will also find plenty of low-priced guesthouses and hotels. If trendy clubs and chic rooftop bars are more your style, then placing yourself in the heart of Silom will keep you entertained every night. Meanwhile classic Sukhumvit offers hundreds of bars and nightclubs to choose from, and you will find a vast number of hotels clustered in this area.
What hotel area is especially good for shopping in Bangkok?
Bangkok is full of shops, ranging from street markets and floating markets to high street stores and luxury brands. A hotel in the Silom area or Siam Square, such as The Heritage Bangkok or Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok, will put you a stone’s throw from the city’s main shopping malls, the Silom Complex and Siam Paradox. Hotels such as The Royal City Hotel will give you easy access to the remarkable Talin Chan Floating Market.
Where in Bangkok can I find a hotel with a view?
If you really want to see the city from above, Bangkok’s tallest hotel, the Baiyoke Sky Hotel, will offer ample city-gazing opportunities.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.