Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Galway
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||€78|
|Average price (weekend night):||€131|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Galway cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Galway hotel
- If you’re interested in learning more about Galway’s culture and heritage, select a hotel near the Galway City Museum, such as Jurys Inn Galway, located a 4-minute walk away. This museum contains a variety of photos, documents and artefacts from Galway’s past, making it a great place to learn about the city’s history.
- To see some of the city’s lush green spaces, choose a hotel near Eyre Square, such as the budget-friendly Skeffington Arms Hotel. Eyre Square is located right in the city centre and contains trees, a playground and many grassy areas for visitors to sit and enjoy.
- Hoping to see some of Galway’s unique architecture? Consider staying in a hotel next to St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church, a medieval building that dates back to the year 1320. The 7 Cross Street Boutique Townhouse is a quaint choice and, located in the neighbourhood referred to as the Latin Quarter, is only a 4-minute walk from the church.
- Visitors who want to see a performance during their trip should book a hotel next to the Town Hall Theatre, such as the affordable Salmon Weir Hostel located a 2-minute walk away. The Town Hall Theatre hosts a variety of different shows, including musicals, classical plays and modern pieces.
- If you would like to see some of the city’s local art, choose a hotel near the Vanda Luddy Art Gallery, such as the Residence Hotel located a 4-minute walk away. This art gallery also functions as a museum and highlights work done by Galway artists, with an emphasis on paintings.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Galway
Where to stay in Galway?
Hotels near Galway City Center have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Galway City Center?
Travellers who like staying near Galway City Center recommend Imperial Hotel Galway, Snoozles Quay Street Tourist Hostel- Galway, and The Galmont Hotel & Spa.
Are there hotels in Galway with free parking?
The Victoria Hotel Galway is a modest choice that is only a 5-minute walk from Eyre Square and offers free parking for guests. The Harbour Hotel Galway is a 10-minute walk from St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church and provides both free parking and WiFi.
Which hotels in Galway provide complimentary breakfast?
The Galmont Hotel & Spa is a stylish 4-star choice that is located right next to the Lough Atalia and provides free breakfast and access to an indoor pool. The Hotel Meyrick is only a 2-minute walk from the bustling Galway train station and offers both complimentary Irish breakfast and access to an on-site spa.
What are good hotels in Galway near the Spanish Arch?
The Galway Arms Inn, a casual hotel, is located directly on the waterfront and is only a 6-minute walk from the popular Spanish Arch — a monument that extends over the Corrib River and connects two different areas of Galway. The Griffin Lodge is a 10-minute walk from the Spanish Arch and an 8-minute walk from the Fisheries Watchtower Museum.
What are good hotels in Galway near Lynch's Castle?
The Kinlay Hostel is an affordable choice only a 5-minute walk from Lynch’s Castle and a 7-minute walk from Galway City Museum. The Bunk Boutique Hostel is a 4-minute walk from Lynch’s Castle and a 5-minute walk from the waterfront.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.