Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Zanzibar
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|April||Cheapest month to stay with an average 47% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 55% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|€139||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|€144||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Zanzibar hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Zanzibar hotel deal
- Zanzibar City is served by Abeid Amani Karume International Airport which is conveniently located around 3.1 miles south of the city. However, if you don’t feel like making the drive into the city, one hotel option near the airport is the Protea Hotel by Marriott Zanzibar Mbweni Ruins. In addition to being close to the airport, the hotel also has a private beach area and dock.
- In addition to the chain hotels in Zanzibar City, there are also a number of small boutique hotels. One good option in Stone Town is Dhow Palace Hotel. The hotel is styled after an old Arabian manor with arched windows and balconies outside many of the rooms. Additionally, there is an inner courtyard with a pool and lounge area.
- Looking for beachside resorts and hotels in Zanzibar City? The neighborhood of Vuga is a great area to check out. Africa House Hotel is one of the beachside hotels in Vuga and along with the stunning ocean views, the hotel also offers a bar and lounge and bike rentals.
- Zanzibar City is split into eastern and western sides by Creek Road. West Zanzibar is the more popular of the two among tourists but there are also hotels on the eastside. For example, Island Paradise Inn is one of the hotel options in East Zanzibar.
- Zanzibar City has plenty of 5-star resorts that are sure to please even the most expecting of guests. For instance, Zanzibar Serena Hotel sits right on the beach and offers amenities like luxurious spa facilities and a terraced lounge area with a pool overlooking the coast.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Zanzibar
Are hotels in Zanzibar safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Zanzibar?
What neighborhoods have the most “character” in Zanzibar City?
Where is best to stay in Zanzibar City with children?
Where is best to look for budget hotels in Zanzibar City?
Where to stay in Zanzibar City for business travelers?
How much is a hotel in Zanzibar for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Zanzibar for this weekend?
How do I find a hotel in central Zanzibar?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Zanzibar?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Zanzibar by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Zanzibar hotels
Go to map