Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Canterbury
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 56% drop in price.|
|August||Most expensive month to stay with an average 15% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|€80||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|€116||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Canterbury hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect Canterbury hotel deal
- If you enjoy historical architecture, make sure to book a hotel next to the Canterbury Cathedral, such as the Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Hotel, which is only a 2-minute walk away. The Canterbury Cathedral is a medieval church that features Gothic-style architecture and has an extensive library that can be toured by visitors.
- Interested in learning more about this region’s ancient history? Select a hotel next to the Canterbury Roman Museum, such as the Cathedral Gate Hotel, which is located a 3-minute walk away. This museum contains artefacts related to Roman times, as well as the remnants of a Roman house that has been excavated.
- For travellers that enjoy literature, consider booking a hotel next to the Canterbury Tales, an interactive tour that educates visitors about the famous Chaucer’s tales. The Hawks Lane Lodge is a chic 4-star choice that is only a 3-minute walking from the tour’s meeting point and a 5-minute walk from the popular Whitefriars Canterbury shopping centre.
- To enjoy some of the city’s scenic green spaces, pick a hotel near the Westgate Gardens, such as the Falstaff Hotel, which is a mere 4-minute walk away. The Westgate Gardens is a large public park that contains a tree that is over 200 years old and a building from the Victorian ages, making it a popular place to both explore and relax.
- If you’re planning on visiting Canterbury with your family, select a hotel next to the Toddler’s Cove Playground, a large play structure that has many kid-friendly rides and activities, as well as exercise machines and sitting areas for adults. The Castle House Hotel is only a 2-minute drive to the Toddler’s Cove Playground and a 5-minute walk to the Canterbury East train station.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Canterbury
Are hotels in Canterbury safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Canterbury have free parking?
Which hotels in Canterbury offer free breakfast?
What are good hotels in Canterbury near the St Martin's Church?
What are good hotels in Canterbury near the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge?
How do I find a hotel in central Canterbury?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Canterbury?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Canterbury by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Canterbury hotels
Go to map