Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Ambleside
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 23% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 24% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|€130||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|€147||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Ambleside hotel deal
- If you’re planning a visit to Ambleside you may wish to enjoy one of its scenic walking tours. There is a relaxing walk from A591 via Rydal Park that goes past Dove Cottage into Grasmere Village, then over the Rothay Footbridge, across the Fell and back into Ambleside. Once you’ve finished, relax at Ambleside Salutation Hotel BW Premier Collection, which is a 4-star accommodation with 2 spa tubs, full service spa, indoor pool, restaurant and bar/lounge.
- For those travelers looking to indulge in a bit of luxury, the 4-star Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel in nearby Windermere has a tennis court, steam room, sauna and full service spa (including a Turkish bath) along with free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. Another good choice is the Daffodil Hotel & Spa on Keswick Road, which offers free hot/cold breakfast, concierge service and a 4-room, full-service spa with hydrotherapy and aromatherapy treatments.
- Ambleside is a great destination for a romantic weekend getaway where couples can enjoy sailing or cruising on Lake Windermere and enjoy the beauty of this natural lake. Linthwaite House Hotel is a lakefront property where guests can cosy up near the lobby fireplace, rent a bicycle or Segway, explore the lake environs or take in some local entertainment at Old Laundry Theatre, which is about a 20-minute walk from the hotel.
- Lake Windermere visitors can also enjoy the mountainous scenery and landscape of the Lake District National Park with its various lakes, footpaths and wildlife sanctuaries -- a fun activity for couples and families alike. Reserve a room at Wateredge Inn on Borran’s Road, which offers free full breakfast, free parking and free Wi-Fi, as well as a restaurant, bar/lounge and garden -- better yet, it is a 1-minute walk to the lake.
- If you’re planning a trip for the entire family, then consider staying at at MacDonald Old England Hotel & Spa in Windermere. This hotel has a restaurant, bar/lounge, 24-hour room service, a children’s pool and the option for one child under 5 to stay free in the same room as their parent/guardian. The hotel is an 8-minute walk to the lake with hiking and biking trails nearby.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Ambleside
Are hotels in Ambleside safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Ambleside are great for watersports?
Are any hotels in Ambleside near Dove Cottage?
Are there any hotels in Ambleside near Grizedale Forest?
Which hotels in Ambleside are near shopping areas?
How do I find a hotel in central Ambleside?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Ambleside?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Ambleside by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Ambleside hotels
Go to map